Thursday, January 10, 2013

Goals or Something

I don't think I have ever made a New Year's Resolution in my 21 years being alive. I make so many mini goals for myself throughout the year that I've always just found the practice of resolutions really...pointless. The way I see it, if there's something you want to change about yourself or your life, START NOW. If you wait for a specific day or month or whatever, it's that much easier to put it off. "Oh this week wasn't right, I'll start next week." Fuck that. Start now.

With that being said, here are some goals that I am going to try to accomplish in the foreseeable (that does not look like a word. At all.) future.

(Also, hey Octavia thanks for the inspiration)


  1. Make my room at school as comfortable and cute as possible so I have somewhere to hang out that I actually like. And somewhere to hide and be cozy when I inevitably get depressed by the fact that no one at school wants to be my friend. 
  2. Try to start running or exercising or something that will get me in shape. Because I am very not.
  3. Continue working on not letting my happiness be contingent on the affection of other people. 
  4. Be okay with not going out and having fun on friday and saturday nights at school. Because, come on, it's not like you really want to hang out with those jerks anyway. 
  5. BE HAPPY.
It is also, at least for me, counterproductive to make too many goals, because there's no way I have the initiative to accomplish very much. I think these are all reasonable and possible. Well, I'm still working on making that last one possible. Easier said than done and all that. 

Oh wait, one more.

     6. Blog more.

Ok that's all. I'm going to try to go running later. 

Update: I went running and I'm pretty sure I almost died. But I'll try again and hope that it gets better.


1 comment:

  1. Running will get easier as you keep at it. Took me a year or two but now I can run 3 times a week or once a week and never seem to be out of shape. running puts oxygen in your brain, and levels out the mood. For internal happiness I recommend reading Nietzsche, he tells you 1)set a goal of doing something you like, and figure out a way to make it happen 2)Look inside yourself figure out the flaws or subterrainean issues that find their way out as neurotic behaviors and correct yourself. To do this you have to face the truth about yourself no matter how boring or ugly.
    Love
    Uncle Joey

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.